SUS321 is a steel with a tensile strength ≥ 520 and a conditional yield strength ≥ 205.
1. Characteristics And Scope Of Application
The addition of Ti improves the resistance to intergranular corrosion and is not recommended as a decorative part.
SUS321, SUS347, and SUS348 are stainless steels which are stabilized by titanium, niobium and tantalum, and are suitable for
use as welded members at high temperatures. 348 is a stainless steel suitable for the nuclear power industry, which has certain
restrictions on the combination of boring and drilling.
3. Chemical Composition
- – Carbon C : ≤ 0.08
- – Silicon Si: ≤1.00
- – Manganese Mn: ≤ 2.00
- – Sulfur S :≤0.030
- – Phosphorus P : ≤ 0.035 chromium Cr: 17.00 ~ 19.00
- – Nickel Ni: 9.00 to 12.00
- – Titanium Ti: ≥ 5 × C%
4. Mechanical Properties
- Area shrinkage ψ (%): ≥ 50
- Hardness: ≤187HB; ≤90HRB; ≤200HV
5. Heat Treatment Specifications And Metallographic Organization
Heat treatment specifications:
- 1) solid solution 920 ~ 1150 ° C rapid cooling;
- 2) according to the requirements of the demand can be stabilized, heat treatment temperature is 850 ~ 930 ° C,but must be specified in the contract.
Metallographic organization: The tissue is characterized by austenite type.
Link to this article： Steel Genus :SUS321
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:https://www.cncmachiningptj.com/，thanks！