YG20 tungsten steel, a silicon steel sheet, is used for cold heading dies, stamping dies, etc.
Performance and use
High strength and good impact toughness. It is used for cold heading dies and stamping dies, such as cold heading screws, nuts, cold punching steel balls, bullets, etc.; bullets and bullet shell stamping dies have the same grade, performance and use grades of cemented carbide Used for ISO group code performance.
Matters needing attention during cutting and grinding
- Tungsten steel is prone to cracking and chipping under impact and excessive processing load. The cemented carbide must be firmly fixed on the worktable before processing.
- Tungsten steel has extremely low magnetism. Non-magnetic hard alloys have no magnetism at all. Do not fix the hard alloys with magnets. Please fix them with fixtures. Please reconfirm whether the workpiece is loose before processing. If so, please fix the workpiece. Until it is firm.
- The processed surface of tungsten steel after cutting and grinding will be very smooth, and the corners will be very sharp, please pay attention to safety when handling and using.
- Cemented carbide is a material with extremely high hardness and brittleness. For fear of impact, it is strictly forbidden to hit the cemented carbide with a metal hammer.
Matters needing attention during discharge and wire cutting
- Tungsten steel has high hardness and high wear resistance, and the operation process will be slow during discharge and wire cutting.
- The surface of tungsten steel after electric discharge machining is most likely to crack and chip, so please adjust the processing procedure according to the use conditions of the product.
- Tungsten steel often cracks during on-line cutting, so please confirm that there is no defect on the processed surface after processing before proceeding to the next process.
Matters needing attention during welding
- Please select the appropriate welding/welding processing plan according to the requirements.
- Tungsten steel is prone to cracks during welding. Please confirm that there is no damage on the processed surface after processing before proceeding to the next process.
- When the flying material (welding iron) produced during welding is attached to the cemented carbide, the alloy will crack due to the rapid heating and cooling, so please be careful when doing the welding operation.
- When perforating or tapping the packing (diffusion bonding), the packing will shake or the cemented carbide part will crack. Please strengthen the inspection and confirm that there is no abnormality after the operation.
- When performing all processing operations: All safety devices on the machine must be used during processing operations. Workers must wear safety equipment to protect eyes, hands, feet, head and all parts of the body.