YG3 tungsten steel has medium use strength and impact toughness, and its wear resistance is slightly higher than that of YG3X. The wire drawing die under the condition of low stress is suitable for drawing steel wires with a diameter of less than 6mm. Non-ferrous metal wire and its alloy wire or bar. YG3 tungsten steel is a WC-Co alloy. Its alloy composition is mainly tungsten carbide (WC), and the content of cobalt (Co) is 3%. It is a tungsten steel material made by powder metallurgy. It has a hardness of 91.0HRA and a resistance of 1200MPa. Bending strength, good wear resistance and corrosion resistance, but poor toughness. Suitable for fine boring and fine turning of cast iron, non-ferrous metals and their alloys; tungsten steel blades for fine boring, fine turning and other materials; also suitable for fine processing of alloy steel and quenched steel. It is also suitable for making high-speed drawn tungsten steel drawing dies and high-speed Tungsten steel nozzle.
Chemical composition WC:97Co: 3
- Mechanical properties: density/(g/cm3): 15.0-15.3
- Hardness (HRA): 91
- Flexural strength (σbb/MPa): 1200
Heat treatment process
Heat treatment process: YG20C advanced molding material. Without heat treatment, the inner and outer hardness is uniform. Used for mass production. It is suitable for the production of cold heading, cold punching and cold pressing molds for standard parts, bearings, etc.
Because tungsten steel has high hardness and brittleness, it is prone to safety accidents whether it is forbidden to knock or throw during use, handling, and processing, which will cause personal injury and property damage, in order to avoid such unnecessary losses. We remind our customers that they should pay great attention to the use of tungsten steel. The specific precautions are as follows:
- 1. Matters needing attention during cutting and grinding:
- 1.1. Tungsten steel is easy to crack and chip under impact and excessive processing load. Tungsten carbide must be firmly fixed on the worktable before processing.
- 1.2. Tungsten steel has extremely low magnetism. Non-magnetic hard alloys have no magnetism at all. Do not fix the hard alloys with magnets. Please fix them with fixtures. Please reconfirm whether the workpiece is loose before processing. If so, please fix the workpiece. Until it is firm.
- 1.3. The processed surface of tungsten steel after cutting and grinding will be very smooth, and the corners are very sharp, please pay attention to safety when handling and using.
- 1.4. Cemented carbide is a very hard and brittle material. It is strictly forbidden to hit the cemented carbide with a metal hammer for fear of impact.
- 2. Matters needing attention during discharge and wire cutting:
- 2.1. Tungsten steel has high hardness and high wear resistance, and the operation process will be slow during discharge and wire cutting.
- 2. 2. The surface of tungsten steel after electric discharge machining is most prone to cracking and chipping, so please adjust the processing procedure according to the use conditions of the product.
- 2.3. Tungsten steel often cracks during online cutting, so please confirm that there is no defect on the processed surface after processing before proceeding to the next process.
- 3. Matters needing attention during welding process:
- 3.1. Please select the appropriate welding/welding processing plan according to the requirements.
- 3.2. Tungsten steel is prone to cracks during welding. Please confirm that the processing surface is not damaged after processing before proceeding to the next process.
- 3.3. When the flying objects (welding iron) produced during welding operations adhere to the cemented carbide, the alloy will crack due to rapid heating and cooling, so please be careful when doing welding operations.
- 4. When performing HIT treatment:
- 4.1. During operations such as perforation and tapping on the packing (diffusion bonding), the packing will shake or the cemented carbide part will crack. Please strengthen the inspection and confirm that there is no abnormality after the operation.
- 4.2. During all processing operations: All safety devices on the machine must be used during processing operations. Workers must wear safety equipment to protect eyes, hands, feet, head and all parts of the body.
Keep in mind the above-mentioned tungsten steel processing precautions when processing will save you many accidents