YG6 tungsten steel, a kind of tungsten-cobalt material.
Material Name: YG6 Category: Tungsten Cobalt
Performance and purpose:
The use strength and impact toughness are good, and the wear resistance is good. The drawing die under the condition of low stress is suitable for drawing steel with a diameter less than 20mm.
Non-ferrous metal wires and their wires or rods are also used to control pipes <10mm.
YG20C advanced molding material. Without heat treatment, the inner and outer hardness is uniform. Used for mass production. It is suitable for the production of cold heading, cold punching and cold pressing molds for standard parts, bearings, etc.
- Density/(g/cm3): 14.6-15.0
Hardness (HRA): 89.5
Flexural strength (σbb/MPa): 145
Impact toughness σK/(J/cm): 2.6
- 1. Matters needing attention during cutting and grinding:
- 1.1. Tungsten steel is prone to cracking and chipping under impact and excessive processing load. Cemented carbide must be firmly fixed on the worktable before processing.
- 1.2. Tungsten steel has extremely low magnetism. Non-magnetic hard alloys have no magnetism at all. Do not fix the hard alloys with magnets. Please fix them with fixtures. Please reconfirm whether the workpiece is loose before processing. If so, please fix the workpiece. Until it is firm.
- 1.3. The processed surface of tungsten steel after cutting and grinding will be very smooth, and the corners will be very sharp, please pay attention to safety when handling and using.
- 1.4. Cemented carbide is a very hard and brittle material. For fear of impact, it is strictly forbidden to hit the cemented carbide with a metal hammer.
- 2. Matters needing attention during discharge and wire cutting:
- 2.1. Tungsten steel has high hardness and high wear resistance, and the operation process will be relatively slow during discharge and wire cutting.
- 2.2, Tungsten steel is most prone to cracks and corners after electric discharge machining, so please adjust the processing procedure according to the use conditions of the product.
- 2.3. Tungsten steel often cracks during on-line cutting, so please confirm that there is no defect on the processed surface after processing before proceeding to the next process.
- 3. Matters needing attention during welding:
- 3.1. Please select the appropriate welding/welding processing plan according to the requirements.
- 3.2. Tungsten steel is prone to cracks during welding. Please confirm that there is no damage on the processed surface after processing before proceeding to the next process.
- 3.3. When the flying material (welding iron) produced during welding operation adheres to the cemented carbide, the alloy may crack due to rapid heating and cooling, so please be careful when doing welding operation.
- 4. When performing HIT processing:
- 4.1. When piercing or tapping on the packing (diffusion bonding), the packing may shake or the cemented carbide part may crack. Please strengthen the inspection and confirm that there is no abnormality after the operation.
- 4.2. During all processing operations: All safety devices on the machine must be used during processing operations. Workers must wear safety equipment to protect eyes, hands, feet, head and all parts of the body.