Whether it is manual operation or equipment processing-more and more sheet metal processing companies are beginning to integrate rounding processing into the part processing process chain. Rounding the burrs of parts is not only to prevent industrial accidents, but the parts that have been precisely rounded are also a prerequisite to ensure the smooth progress of subsequent processing. Below we have compiled 5 practical tips for round corner processing for you:
1. Calculate the cost
Nowadays, sheet metal processors are more and more aware that rounding processing can greatly facilitate the subsequent processing process. Some use manual operations to polish, brush and polish the parts; others use a deburring machine to perform the above operations. So which way is better ? First, you can calculate the cost of consumables that deburring will bring to your company. Although many companies have integrated the rounding process into their own process chain, they are often not very clear about the actual costs of labor, abrasive tools, and machine energy consumption. Therefore, several important questions need to be asked, such as how much labor and man-hours does the deburring process require? Do I need to deburr the parts on both sides?
2. Reduce man-hours and resources for deburring processing
If the deburring process needs to be integrated into your production process, you also need to consider how to optimize the logistics procedures before and after rounding. For example, reasonable arrangements for material flow, manipulators, on-line operations, or parts rotating and conveying processes. And how to save man-hours and resources, especially how to reduce the labor intensity of the operators: even lifting and turning parts weighing less than 25 kilograms requires considerable physical effort. In addition, manual deburring will cause the worker’s hands to vibrate for a long time, which will adversely affect their health.
3. Make reasonable choices and focus on the important deburring process
The term “deburring” often covers many different sheet metal processing operations: from removing dross, burrs, rounding corners, removing the oxide layer on the cross-section, to the final surface treatment of the part. Therefore, it is necessary to accurately define the deburring process requirements you need before selecting equipment. For example, if you need to perform deburring and slight rounding of 80% of the parts, then you should use this as the core to formulate the processing technology, instead of trying to integrate the remaining 20% of the surface treatment requirements into the production chain at the same time go.
4. On-demand processing
To process high-quality sheet metal parts, rounding the rough edges of the sheet metal is an indispensable process. After the burr is rounded, it can avoid the risk of industrial injury during the operation, and it can also optimize the next processing steps such as welding or spraying. Before rounding, it is necessary to determine the rounding accuracy of the workpiece, for example, to determine the specific processing accuracy according to the required anti-corrosion performance. Generally, rounding can be performed according to actual needs. Under the premise of meeting the processing requirements, the principle of less can be followed. After all, doubling the processing depth means that 4 times the cutting capacity needs to be used (this also leads to an increase in the cost of polishing consumables).
5. Unborn things, no need to remove
The application of deburring technology in sheet metal processing has caused many processors to mistakenly believe that they can be sloppy when cutting or stamping the sheet. Anyway, the final deburring must be done. This view is simply wrong! The meticulous processing of the cutting and stamping processes can reduce the amount of burrs on the parts, which not only saves follow-up man-hours, but also reduces the loss of grinding tools for the deburring machine. For example, advanced plasma cutting machines can process sheet metal parts with fewer burrs, but need to reasonably set the cutting speed, operating current, and sheet spacing.
Improve part quality through rounding
Sheet metal processing companies can’t just think that integrating advanced cutting technology into their own production process is all right, and its subsequent deburring and rounding treatment should also be included in the planning of the process chain. Designing a deburring technology that perfectly matches your own production needs, you can integrate it into your processing line at low cost, and play a positive role in sustainably improving product quality.
Link to this article： How to process round corners?
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:https://www.cncmachiningptj.com/，thanks！