tungsten will Play an Important Role in the Mass Production of the 96th Nuclear Submarine
- Category: Tungsten’s News
- Published on Wednesday, 25 July 2018 10:50
Reported that the previous satellite images can only confirm the existence of China's total 3 094 type ballistic missile nuclear submarines. But there are signs that the production of type 094 nuclear submarines has come to an end, China will then produce the next generation of ballistic missile nuclear submarines, the next generation of attack type nuclear submarines may be produced at the same time. Tungsten materials will also play a very important role in the production of new nuclear submarines. Here we list the main applications of tungsten in nuclear submarines.
(1) Tungsten is applied to the weight of the submarine. To achieve the sinking and floating, we must ensure that the weight of the submarine itself reaches a certain value. When the weight of the submarine itself plus the total weight of the storage tank filled with water is smaller than the displacement of the submarine, the submarine can not sink. Therefore, the weight of the tungsten alloy submarines is to increase the weight of the submarine itself, the high density tungsten alloy, reduce the physical size of the weight parts, increase the sensitivity of the control mechanism. Tungsten alloy is the best material when large weight needs to be placed in a narrow space.
(2) Tungsten is applied to the nuclear reaction shield of the submarine. The power of a nuclear submarine is provided by the nuclear reactor, the tungsten alloy pressure vessel is the shell of the nuclear reactor, which is used to fill the nuclear fuel and the inner parts of the reactor, which can withstand the pressure of tens of MPa. Tungsten can be used not only for outer layer radiation hood but also as lattice plate material for nuclear submarine reactor cabin, thus forming a full range of tungsten metal shielding system, which can be used to shield the first choice material for radiation of nuclear reactor and minimize radiation spillover.
(3) Tungsten is one of the best welding materials for nuclear submarines. The manufacture of nuclear submarines needs special steel with high strength and high toughness. A series of experiments on the welding properties of steel are carried out by experts in various countries. In the welding method, welding electrode arc welding (SM AW), metal melting pole gas protection welding (GMAW) and tungsten inert gas protection welding (GTAW) are used. It is finally determined that only GTAW can guarantee the toughness of the submarine structure, not only in China, but also in the most advanced United States of the submarine technology for welding with tungsten based materials.
At present, the surrounding security situation in China is facing severe challenges. The future development of our navy equipment is to develop strategic nuclear submarines, improve integrated electronic information and build up the formation of fleet around the aircraft carrier. The field of naval construction will be divided into three directions: naval vessel construction, shipborne weaponry development and integrated electronic information upgrading. Our nuclear submarines will not stop footsteps, tungsten materials will have more application space.
- < Prev
- Next >
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Tungusten，Thanks！^^